In 2008, as an effort to increase unrestricted funding for the campaign, the Foundation created a society for dedicated Brothers to help us reach "The Summit" we are striving for. "The Summit" group is our most honored giving society. Those Brothers helping us to reach "The Summit" have truly stepped forward to promulgate the educational mission of Sigma Nu. To reach "The Summit" group, we ask Brothers to consider an unrestricted tax-deductible contribution in any of the following ways:
- One-time cash gifts of $25,000 or more
- Multi-year pledges of $50,000 or more
- Appreciated assets such as marketable securities and real estate of $25,000 or more
- Charitable bequests - as a percentage of the donor's overall estate or a fixed dollar amount of $100,000 or more
- Charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust--both of which can help donors avoid capital gains tax, receive lifetime income and also receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction of $50,000 or more
- Gifts of life insurance of $50,000 or more
The Summit member's contributions will not only bridge the gap between the funds available today and the receipt of the 'Building Upon the Rock' campaign as those donations are received over the coming years, but they will provide the margin of excellence now and in future years for Sigma Nu to best serve its collegiate members.
As a member of "The Summit" group, you would be honored for your gift as follows:
- Honored at Grand Chapter with a special Sigma Nu Blazer
- Special dinner at the 2012 Grand Chapter for our most honored contributors
- Recognition in The Delta as part of the Foundation's Annual Report.
- Invitation for you and your family to attend the 2011 College of Chapters and Annual Foundation Board meeting in Lexington, Virginia.
The Creed of our Fraternity calls for each of us "to serve in the Light of Truth."The Summit campaign is the opportunity for chosen Sigma Nu brothers to participate in doing just that...serving Sigma Nu and the men who follow in your footsteps. Won't you help your Brothers reach the Summit?